The DutchX is a fully decentralized trading protocol that allows anyone to add any trading token pair.
It uses the Dutch auction principle to prevent the problems that exchanges are experiencing (such as front running, issues with low liquidity, and third party risk), thereby creating a more fair ecosystem for everyone to use.
The DutchX is governed by a series of smart contracts deployed on the Ethereum Blockchain that allow peer-to-peer trades between users applying a Dutch auction mechanism without the need for intermediaries.
It is fully on-chain and permissionless. There is no restriction besides the fact that tokens traded on the DutchX must be ERC20 compliant.
It was developed by Gnosis Limited as infrastructure of the Ethereum Blockchain. It is upgradeable and those powers are retained by the [dxDAO](https://dutchx.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dxDAO.html). Gnosis Limited is not part of the dxDAO and retains absolutely no miscellaneous powers over or to affect the DutchX.
Learn more about DutchX¶
Here are some interesting links to learn all about the mechanisms of the DutchX:
- Small introduction to the features of DutchX: https://ethresear.ch/t/dutchx-fully-decentralized-auction-based-exchange/2443
- Blog with information about DutchX: https://blog.gnosis.pm/tagged/dutchx
Documentation for the Smart Contracts¶
To get a deeper knowledge about the DutchX mechanisms, and the math behind them,
check out the
DutchX Documentation for the smart contracts.
- Liquidity contribution
- Auctioneer Powers
- What are auctioneer powers?
- Why are auctioneer powers needed?
- Who holds auctioneer powers to DutchX 1.0?
- Who holds auctioneer powers to DutchX 2.0?
- Some more details on the auctioneer powers:
- Price Oracle
- List a token to trade
- DutchX as an open protocol
- The dxDAO
- Pooling for MGN
- Analytics & Alerts
- Get started: Build on top of DutchX
- Local development + truffle
- On-chain integration
- Deposit tokens
- Add a token pair
- Bots: Automated minimal liquidity
- Bots: Types
- Sell Liquidity Bot
- Buy Liquidity Bot
- Balance Check Bot
- High Sell Volume Bot
- Deposit Bot
- Claim Bot
- Watch Events Bot
- Bots: Security
- Bots: Add a price feed for the bots
- Bots: Arbitrage to Uniswap